Childhood cancer isn’t staying home during the pandemic. Daniel’s Care Van continues its commitment to getting kids and young adults with cancer and life threatening illnesses to their appointments during this difficult time. Our mission is Transporting the Brave, and we can’t do it without your help. The kids we drive have always been our heroes, and now we’re inviting all of you to be heroes for them.
How You Can Be a Hero for Kids with Cancer
For everyone’s safety, our 2020 fundraiser is an online-only event, and there’s virtually no limit to how you can choose to participate. Take a look:
|Think of an activity you can do safely do either on your own or with your family sometime in July. Click here for some ideas from simple to challenging to just plain silly.|
|Sign up for our Be a Hero virtual fundraiser. You’ll be given a personal fundraising page that you can share on social media or through email. Registration is free and simple. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!|
|Promote your activity. Use your personal fundraising idea to tell your friends and family what you’re doing to be a hero for kids with cancer. Let them know that they can be a hero, too, by making a donation to your page.|
|Post images or videos to your page and your social media accounts of you doing your chosen activity to encourage even more donations (please tag #danielscarevan, #transportingthebrave, and #beahero). Top participants will earn a special prizes!|
|Or… just make a donation! Every penny counts when it comes to Transporting the Brave. Click here to support our Be a Hero campaign with a donation.|
With the Be a Hero virtual fundraiser, you can do virtually anything to help Transport the Brave. We only ask that you stay safe and follow the guidance of your local public health agency. Here are just a few ideas:
Keep It Fun & Simple
These types of activities can help raise awareness for Daniel’s Care Van while providing you and your family some special time together.
- Play corn hole, goofy golf, or croquet with your immediate family.
- Have a family game night.
- Take a walk around your neighborhood every evening for a week.
- Host a virtual trivia night or happy hour with friends.
- Put together a challenging jigzaw puzzle and document your progress throughout the month.
Your single act of kindness can inspire others to spread the love for their community and our cause. Challenge each of your donors to pay it forward with their own act of kindness.
- Pay for the person behind you in a drive-through.
- Do yard work for a neighbor or neighbors in need.
- Create a neighborhood food drive.
- Make scarves, caps, or blankets for the needy.
- Deliver food or goodies to your local first responders or hospital.
- Decorate your driveway or sidewalk with inspirational chalk messages. Get your neighbors involved too!
- Paint rocks with inspirational messages and leave them along walking trails in your neighborhood.
- Adopt or foster a shelter pet.
Work for those donations! When you commit to completing a challenging activity for Daniel’s Care Van, you’ll be more likely to follow through on your promise.
- Walk or run a 5k, 10k, or half-marathon.
- Bike for 10, 20, 50 or 100 miles.
- Complete a fitness program, such as couch to 5k or an online yoga program.
- Donate blood for the first time.
- Go kayaking, paddle boarding, or river rafting.
- Hike a 14er (or even less than a 14er).
- Do a moonlight paddle on your kayak or paddle board.
Break Out of Your Comfort Zone!
This is where the real fun can start. For silly or off-the-wall activities, you can challenge your friends and family to an if-then proposition. Imagine if someone close to you said, “If I raise $500, I’ll live-stream myself wearing a prom dress to the store.” Would you donate to see that happen? Of course you would!
- Use your musical skills to host a concert from your porch for your neighborhood.
- Walk around the neighborhood in a homemade cape.
- Setup a slip-and-slide in your front yard — and not just for the kids.
- Create a hula-hoop or jump rope challenge for you and your family. To make it more fun, do it as a live online event.
- Do a Facebook live karaoke session.
- Dress up in a wedding gown or prom dress to go to the store.
- Have a dance party in the rain.
- Learn to unicycle.
Questions? Please contact us by email or call us at 303-915-2624.